Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Monday, August 15, 2011

Slowly but surely!


James, Hal and little Preston in front of our work in progress



Progress is being made on our new home - things are moving forward slowly but surely! As you can see, the walls are up, the roof is on and ready to be shingled and the windows are in! On the inside, they are working on the plumbing, wiring and heating system. The framers are almost done! They are telling us perhaps it will be ready by mid December... We will see!! (Can you think of a more fun time to move?)

7 comments:

  1. It's a house! Wow! I can think of a better time to move, but I guess you take what you get. I'm enjoying seeing your ideas on Pinterest for decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished product! It will be beautiful. Keep us updated with all your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous lines your house has! Patty, this is really happening! I CAN'T WAIT to see it when it is done! Keep me posted on everything - I am really interested. There should still be quite a bit of good weather before the snow flies, so they can get lots done. We are all spending Christmas at Rick's, so I can hardly wait to see it then! We'll keep our fingers crossed for an early move-in date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a picture of the back when you can see that it is 4 times the size of the front it looks like a mini house in front!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so much progress from when I last saw it! It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mid-December? How fun! I'm excited to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that house looks beautiful! And in such an amazing setting. Man we miss those mountains. Is it in Salem as well? December would be a crazy move in time. What a nice Christmas gift though! :)

    I loved reading about your dinner at one of your missionaries' home. What a beautiful reward for dedicated service.

    ReplyDelete