Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Second Time Around

Joan came to visit this past weekend. She came to help Whitney celebrate her birthday. I met Joan and Whitney at the Museum of Art at BYU and we enjoyed lunch together at the MOA Cafe and then visited the "The Master's Hand" art exhibit. This was my second time to see this wonderful display and I must say that I enjoyed it as much the second time as I did the first time! It is incredibly inspiring. A couple of weeks ago the Mormon Tabernacle Choir centered their "Music and the Spoken Word" around Carl Bloch and this artwork display and this rekindled a desire to go back for a second look. I wasn't disappointed. It was great to see Whitney and Joan again and to spend time with them! It was a wonderful weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I'd love to go back again, too. I'm glad you got to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gad you got to see it again, Patty. Fine art is like that; no matter how many times you see it, you see and feel new things. Good literature is like that, too. Seeing Christ's ministry depicted by a Master adds dimension and feeling to our understanding of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for always being so hospitable. I had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You went to the MOA without me! I need to go see this exhibit I keep hearing so much about.

    ReplyDelete