Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Back to Blogging - Easter

I have NOT blogged for the past few months.  Life got crazy as I worked to finish the books I made for my graduating grand kids. This year we had two graduates - Alex and Kyra so it was a challenge to make both books in time! I got them both done so now I am playing catch up with my blog!

Saturday before Easter

I like to have my grand kids over to make cinnamon rolls. Usually we have done this during the Christmas holidays, but things were so busy this past Christmas time, that I decided to wait until Easter.  I make dough, cinnamon sugar mix, and frosting and provide the butter and the pans.  The moms and older grand kids help the little grand kids and the rolls get made quickly!
I love to watch as everyone works together to make the rolls!
Alex had to leave early to go to work at Zuppas.
The finished product! The grand kids are always so pleased to have their own pan of rolls to take home!
While the rolls baked,we had an Easter egg hunt in our backyard.  I had Aleeya come early and help me fill all of the plastic eggs with candy, coins and a few had a $1 bill placed inside. Then Aleeya, Ella and Violet hid the eggs so that everything was ready for the hunt!
We gave the younger kids a head start and some of the older grand kids helped the little ones find eggs.
Kyra helped Lulu and Lillian helped Dex.
Ruby and Evie used toys for their "Easter baskets".
Ruby and Evie above and Sam below
Ella 
Lulu had her pink cast on her broken arm - she broke it when she stumbled and fell on the sidewalk in front of their home! It seems like we always have at least 1 grand kid with abroken bone!
Some of the eggs were hidden in hard to find places!
After the egg hunt, the kids came back inside to play "Easter Bingo".  I had some Easter themed cards, beans and lots of prizes so that everyone could choose a something they liked.We played until everyone had a Bingo.  Once again the older kids helped the younger kids. Sareya is helping Dex .
Tricia was our Bingo Caller.
It was a fun afternoon and we made lots of happy memories!
Allison helping to clean up


Easter Sunday Dinner

After our church meetings we gathered for dinner. Our menu was:
Taco layered dip, relish tray, salads, ham, turkey, cheesy potatoes, Allison's rolls,  and Tricia's coconut cupcakes for dessert.
Family and friends snapshots below
I invited Doris - a sweet widow that Hal and I minister to, to join us - she doesn't have any family living in the area.
 
It was a great dinner and time with family and friends!!




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful grandma you are! I love all of your Easter traditions. I also love the idea of making a book for your graduates. You are such a great example to me.

    ReplyDelete