Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Friday, September 6, 2013

Institute Opening Social and more...

This past Thursday evening was the Opening Social for the Institute students of our stake which includes 11 wards and branches.  Hal and I prepared "finger foods" for the event.  With 48 in the group, there were not many leftovers!  We love interacting with the YSA and there were many new names and faces in this group.   



 
We prepare a meal for the kids once a week.  It is great to see them eating and interacting together.  Here are some photos of last weeks Institute meal.






Back for seconds!  There is a clue in this photo about why we must prepare great quantities of food each week!

 The kids are very willing and eager to help with the cleanup. In Germany (a very "green" country), we rarely, rarely use paper plates and cups!

 
They are wonderful young people and we are truly learning to love them!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of food to cook! I bet everything was delicious! And love the pic of the guy just loading up his plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AMAZING and they are so lucky to have you and your delicious cooking abilities. It looks fantastic!You have so many skills and talents that I'm sure are being put to good use. I can't imagine doing all those dishes each week. It's a good thing the YSA's help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Patty, that's quite a spread! No paper plates in Germany? I'm glad you have help in the clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Patty! You are cooking your brains out! Those are lucky kids to get your culinary magic! My 50th CHS reunion was much more fun than I expected. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete