Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Monday, April 5, 2010

Sick baby Violet, 2 Birthdays, Easter and General Conference




What a busy, busy weekend! After our Missionary Reunion on Friday night, I spent all day Saturday at the hospital with Tricia and Violet who was severely dehydrated after a bout with the stomach flu. Babies are amazing in their ability to heal quickly. She went from "death's door" to pushing her IV pole around her hospital room in just a matter of hours! We are so grateful for modern medicine and the power of prayer!! Violet is getting back to normal and her appetite is returning!
Sunday's General Conference sessions were so uplifting and gave me much to think about and work to improve on. After the afternoon session, we went to Evan and Kelly's house to celebrate Easter and Aleeya and Hailey's Birthdays! We had a wonderful ham dinner and the kids enjoyed celebrating with a pinata and just playing together! I have so much to be grateful for. I love living near to family and having the opportunity to spend these special times with them.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about baby Violet. I'm glad she's doing better. That is scary. Looks like you had another fun family get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that Violet is okay. I wish I live closer so I could celebrate with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Violet is okay. That made an already busy weekend even busier for you! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for helping with Violet! It was such a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete