Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Frohe Ostern! Happy Easter!

 
This past week we had an enjoyable visit with an elderly sister in our ward.  She served us a snack and told us about her life, her career as a Psychiatrist, her travels and her conversion to the church.
 
 
She is so positive and always has a smile.  She walks with a walker and comes to church faithfully each week - walking over  1/2 mile each way.  She is a great example of someone who is enduring cheerfully to the end!
She loves to have visitors come so we will be calling on her again!
 
 
Just one bear picture (if you can bear it).
 
My favorite bear!  (she likes me to visit her!)
 
 

Young Single Adult Easter Special

This past Thursday was a special event for the YSA.  We held an Easter Program followed by an Easter dinner.

We decorated the tables with an Easter theme.

 
 
Our menu was mostly German with Ham, Spätzle with Rahm or ham sauce, sauerkraut, mixed vegetables, rolls and American lemon bars for dessert.  We spent part of Wednesday and most of Thursday preparing everything.
 

 We asked some of the missionaries in our district to help us serve.  They seemed to enjoy serving and especially eating!


We served 62 people with many of them coming back for seconds.

 The best part about feeding the YSA is that they love most everything and so they are an easy group to please.

 It is always rewarding to watch them interacting and enjoying each others company as they eat and socialize.
 
Easter is a 4 day holiday in Germany so we have relaxed and recovered the past 2 days from our big event. 
Sunday will be busy for Patty with playing the organ and speaking in Sacrament Meeting... but, I am not stressed or anything! 
 
 
 It truly has been good to reflect on this most special holiday of the year.  My topic for Sacrament Meeting is: "The atonement - what it means to me and my family".  I am so grateful  for my Savior and Redeemer and all that He has done for me.  I echo the phrase from the new Church video: "Because of Him"...I can be forgiven of my sins when I repent - I will be resurrected after death - I can enjoy eternal life with my beloved family - so many powerful blessings all "Because of Him"!
I wish you all a blessed Easter celebration! 
 
 


 
 

4 comments:

  1. We hope you have a wonderful Easter. We feel so blessed by you and Hal's great example to us of service with a smile. Thanks for sharing your testimony through word and actions.Those YSA don't know how lucky they are to have such an amazing cook and host and hostess.
    PS I'm sure that bear does love for you to come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sweet bear. Your tables look so beautiful and I'm sure the food was delicious. I agree, Joan, those YSA are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely service you two are providing for those youth, I am sure they have enjoyed all the special things you have done for them, and especially forming friendships with them that have made them recognize your goodness. I am sure your testimonies and example has been.teaching them well. May the Lord continue to bless you.. We are proud of you and love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a busy Easter week! The Easter dinner looked so good and I love the table decorations. I saw that new church video and it is so good. And a thought that I need to carry with me throughout the entire year.

    ReplyDelete