Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Memories from the past


I have been immersed in putting together my personal history for the past two weeks (a word to the young - don't wait until your sixties to begin this tale - you will have lots and lots of years to cover!). Anyway - I have gone through countless scrapbooks, pictures, my journals and letters gathering information and scanning pictures to include. These fun pictures came to light and brought back mostly happy memories. We all gathered at mom and dad's in St. George for an early celebration of their February birthdays and anniversary and primarily for a chance to be all together during the break between Christmas 1992 and New Years 1993. I say the memories were "mostly" happy because our travels both coming and going included a bit (wait - let's be honest A LOT) of scary adventures. December/January travel through Idaho and Utah can always include slick roads and snowstorms and this trip presented both. The travel however, was well worth it when we all arrived and surprised mom and dad. The look on mom's face gave reason enough for our travels. I will never forget how thrilled they were to see us all together. We enjoyed some delicious meals (we even made a quick trip to Mesquite for the famous, large portion "hubcap ham" and eggs), gave them a gift of a video that included pictures of them and of all of our families, but the very best part was that we made some precious memories that make me happy nineteen years later.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun trip down memory lane! That was so fun. That look on Mom's face is worth a million words! What a great post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Where were all of us kids? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, do we all look younger or what? Where has the time gone? I do remember taking Taylor on that trip. He was almost 1. I think Allison babysat all our other kids. I was just so glad to make it home alive after driving on the crazy, snowy roads. I remember Hal hanging out the window trying to get the snow off of John's windshield wipers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great but scary trip. I love the look at Grandma Gabe's face, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This can probably go down as the surprise of all time! Mom was absolutely flabbergasted! We all drove home in a white out and we couldn't see the line on the road - heck, we couldn't see the road! Very scary! But I remember what fun we had, all being together. Good memory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these memories! Since I never got to meet your mom and dad, it's fun for me to hear stories and see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete