Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tea Party and Sister Time


The Tea Party is Ready!

This past week I had another wonderful opportunity to spend time with my sisters! Joan arrived on Wednesday and it was fun to spend time with her. She had come to bring Taylor to BYU - her baby has flown the nest! Life will be forever different now for their family. Sara and her 2 cute kids arrived on Thursday and it was great to get better acquainted with them. Then on Friday Kay and Pam arrived. We enjoyed a shopping trip to IKEA and a candle store outlet and a wonderful dinner at a Thai restaurant with a stop for dessert at "The Red Mango". We always have fun being together and catching up on each other's lives. Cindy, we really did miss you and hope that you can join us for a future "Sister get-together" and Tea party.


Special "Sister Lunch" on Friday


Tea Pot flower arrangements - good job Pam, kay and Joan!! Thanks Evan for donating the flowers!


Saturday, we had a Tea Party with daughters and grand daughters (Jessica we missed you and Gigi - and Hailey we sure missed you!) These Tea Parties have become a wonderful tradition. We enjoy lots of tasty food and memories about our ancestors. We try to share with our daughters and grand daughters some special memories and stories that we have of our parents and grand parents. We have such a great heritage and this gives us an opportunity to share it with our posterity!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting us Patty. It was a wonderful weekend. Sister time is the best! I'm most excited for my new cookbook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to everything Joan said! I LOVE being with my sisters! And I have read all through your cookbook, Patty, and can't wait to get cookin'! You're a fabulous hostess, organizer, cookbook author and most of all, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Aren't sisters just the best!?! The food looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I posted a comment here yesterday and I guess it didn't "take." I'll try again. It was such a fun weekend. Thank you so much for hosting us, for the wonderful cookbook, and for the wonderful party. I love sister time. I think we should conduct a poll on which flower teapot is prettiest because I'm pretty sure mine would win!!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I love your new blog background. It's so pretty and so "Patty."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad I missed out, it sounds like it was a lot of fun! And the food looks super good too.

    ReplyDelete