Pal and Hatty in Paradise

Monday, September 21, 2015

September Tea Party

The tradition of tea parties for me began when Mom was still alive and we gathered at my house in Caldwell.  We used some of mom's pretty china which so pleased her. 

 June 2001
 We ate little sandwiches, scones, cake, cookies and drank lemonade and herbal tea.
The tea party tradition continued when we moved to Salem.

Tea Party - November 2007
 Kristin, Brielle, Jodi, Sadie, Katie and Abby were able to join us.

 After missions and moving into our new home in Elk Ridge, we had a big tea party/salad luncheon with Missy and Whitney joining us.

Ellie, Katie, Abby, Gigi, Dorothy, Sareya, Ella, Kyra, Violet, Lillian and Aleeya

There have been several other tea parties over the years, but these are some of the highlights.

September 12, 2015 Tea Party

 I hadn't had a tea party since coming home from our mission to Berlin in January, so I decided it was time!
Tea Party Moms
Our beautiful princess guests!
 Woidka ladies
 Thomas ladies
 I prepared little sandwiches and cupcakes and everyone brought goodies to make our tea party wonderful. Dorothy even dipped strawberries in chocolate and sugar. We all drank herbal tea and lemonade.
 I decorated the table with items that had belonged to my mom and Hal's mom.  Then, after we enjoyed the tea party food, I talked about both of these lovely ladies.  I told about the items on the table and other memories of them and then I had Allison, Kelly and Tricia share their memories of their grandmas.  The great-granddaughters were attentive and even asked some questions.


 After this short program, the girls went downstairs to plan a play and the moms finished the clean up and had a chance to relax and visit.


 When the girls came back upstairs, they presented their original version of Little Bo Peep.  Evie had the starring role and did her part well - looking for her lost sheep.
It was a fun afternoon together and would have been even better if Jessica, Gigi and Hailey had been there!!!

There have been many tea parties since the first and there will be more to come!!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet blog post! I love our Tea party tradition. How fun that you could be together with your daughters and granddaughters and share memories and yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you started these tea parties, Patty! The kids will remember their cute grandma ans their fun cousins . I love this post! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your September Tea Party rocked! I am pretty impressed with these photos. At the local event space Atlanta we also attended a princess tea themed bridal shower which was superb. The decorations were handled by a professional planner who was bride’s friend. Loved to be in that bash.

    ReplyDelete